Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

spring fever

"I've got spring fever" Silja proclaimed over breakfast, and although I've never heard the term before, I think indeed that's what we all got around here. Everything is - finally - blooming and sprouting and we are spending as much time as we possibly can outside. On days with rain where we're stuck inside I'm wondering how I managed to spend all that time inside with the kids over those freezing months without loosing my mind. I suppose I did go crazy sometimes. Knowing we are entering our final months in Boston (we are leaving end of July), there is an unavoidable awareness too on thoroughly enjoying and cherishing the time we have here. And for my part, enjoying all this time I have with the kids. Soon enough we will be part of the hamster wheel of two full time working parents and kids in preschool/daycare with everything that includes.

In the past two-three weeks we've cheered on the Boston Marathon runners when they ran through our neighborhood. The atmosphere was extra happy and supportive after last years explosions, which I also heard from two friends who participated in the race. On Easter we ended up with a spontaneous somewhat Danish Easter lunch, which also included Icelandic schnapps and a speech by Silja. I had a week too with both kids full time as preschool was closed for spring break. We were lucky with the weather, and loaded the stroller for picnics, trips to the library, movie play dates with popcorn and to us new playgrounds. Although I can't help being a bit sad how quickly Jonas outgrew the baby stage (although he continues being our baby), I'm absolutely loving the freedom there is with two little kids, and how we can go pretty much go anywhere now and not have to think about special baby foods, several naps etc. He can be part of it all, especially now that he's walking, so long trips is enjoyable for everybody. Yes!

I hope you are enjoying spring too.

Oversæt til dansk

No comments:

Post a Comment